Hi, I'm Dave but you probably already know that. I recently had a rare form of blood cancer called Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia and this blog is here to give everyone who wants to know what they want to know. If you've got any specific questions email me at heylennys@yahoo.com. Have a good day!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Vote early, vote often, vote Lennys!

Hi all,

Well, last week's post was mostly about that fever scare, so I thought I'd do something a little more light this week. But before I get to that, you probably heard about Patrick Swayze and his battle with pancreatic cancer, and how he was in the hospital on antibiotics this week. That's the same thing we were concerned about. It's all about the immune system.

That said, my numbers were all down this week, as was to be expected for a week after the last chemo treatment. They were actually a little lower than I wanted them to be, so I was sort of bummed about that, but Dr. Stan wasn't concerned and still thinks things are going well, and that I'll be able to start getting back to normal not too long after the last chemo round. I guess that I'm probably just getting more impatient as we're getting towards the end of the scheduled chemo sessions. I don't think I counted on how lousy it all makes you feel with all of the little side effects, and figured I'd be able to be up and around a lot quicker. But one thing this has taught me has been to learn to be more patient, especially in matters I can't control. Like WM.

But enough of all that. I'm feeling better, and it's time for me to share some other things I've learned so far in this whole experience:


THE TOP TEN GOOD THINGS ABOUT HAVING CANCER!

10. Heated blankets are mmmmmnice when you're in for an 8-hour transfusion

9. I'm a shoo-in to win the weight loss challenge

8. Currently learning Japanese through daily Godzilla movie marathons

7. Distinguished company:





6. Home confinement= pants are optional!

5. Finally feel like I'm getting my money's worth from all those years of insurance premiums

4. Saved $9 by not being able to go out to that crummy "Day the Earth Stood Still" remake

3. Hours of fun trying to find something that rhymes with "Macroglobulinemia"

2. No bad hair days

1. Hmmmm. Well, I thought I had ten, but I guess not. Tell you what, send me an email with anything you can come up with, and I'll compile 'em for next time...


And now for some REALLY good news!


The Lennys will be playing our first show of '09 on Saturday, March 14th, at Mad Maggie's in Elgin! This is a brand-new place right downtown with multi-levels of entertainment and a great sound system! We had a date scheduled here for November that we had to postpone/cancel, but we'll definitely make this new date worth the wait!

In the meantime, I'd like to ask for some help! It's time for Suburban Nitelife's 'Best of the Burbs' contest, and we were alerted by one of our friends that we'd been nominated for a bunch of categories! But we've got to keep getting votes to stay in the race, so here's how you can help out:

-Go to their website at nitelife.org

-You'll need to register and set yourself up with a username and password if you don't have one

-Click into the 'Best of the Burbs' menu

-Vote!

The Lennys are nominated in the following categories:
-Best Cover Band
-Best Classic Rock Band
-Best Musician Bass (Dave)
-Best Musician Drummer (Johnny)

Cory was nominated as best guitarist under his other band's name, so rather than split his chances by nominating him with us, we're just voting for him with After the Fight!

Also, John's other band has been nominated for Best New Band and Best Under 21 Band, so check into those categories and vote for "The Takeouts"!

The winners don't actually win anything but bragging rights, but that's good enough for us! But they say that there's daily prizes randomly awarded to voters, so vote every day, and good luck!

That's about it for now. I'll post some new charts next Monday with all the latest numbers- it's always more fun to show charts with improvement, and I'm confident about next week!

No comments:

Followers